Can You Run DevOps with Offshore Development Teams?
Want to start a project?
Our team is ready to implement your ideas. Contact us now to discuss your roadmap!
Offshore development teams have become a popular way for businesses to reduce costs associated with software development. By outsourcing work to the offshore developer, companies can save a significant amount of money.
But is it possible to run DevOps with an offshore development team? The answer is yes — but there are some things you need to consider. In this blog post, we will discuss the pros and cons of using offshore developers for DevOps projects.
Can DevOps Work With Outsourced Development?
The quick answer is yes, but let’s explore the nuances a bit. DevOps is built around the ideals of collaboration, communication, and continuous improvement. When these three things are done right, it can be an extremely effective way to develop and deploy software. However, there are some challenges that need to be considered when using offshore developers for DevOps projects.
- Poor Communication: When you are working with developers in other countries, there can be a language barrier that makes it difficult to communicate effectively. This can be overcome by using tools like Skype or Google Hangouts for video calls, and by using messaging apps like Slack for written communication.
It is also important to have clear and concise project requirements. This will ensure that every party involved is on the same page.
- Lack of proper Collaboration: It can be difficult to collaborate effectively when team members are in different time zones and may not be able to work at the same time. Again, video calls and messaging apps can help with this, but it is important to be aware of the potential challenges. It is also worth considering using a tool like Jira to manage project tasks, as this can help to keep everyone on track.
- Lack of Continuous improvement: In order for DevOps to be successful, it is important to continuously improve the process. This can be difficult to do when team members are in different locations, as it can be hard to get everyone on board with the same changes. It is important to keep this in mind and to try to make improvements that will benefit the team as a whole.
Overall, there are some challenges that need to be considered when using offshore developers for DevOps projects. However, these challenges can be overcome with effective communication and collaboration. If you keep these things in mind, you can successfully run DevOps with an offshore development team.
How Offshore Development has Changed With DevOps?
The rise of DevOps has changed the landscape of offshore development. In the past, offshore development was often seen as a way to save money on software development costs. However, with the advent of DevOps, offshore development can now be used to improve software quality and speed up delivery times:
- Enhanced Product Quality
One of the biggest benefits of offshore DevOps is enhanced product quality. By having a dedicated team of offshore developers working on your project, you can be sure that they will have a deep understanding of your business requirements.
This will allow them to create high-quality code that meets your specific needs. In addition, by using automated testing and continuous delivery, you can be sure that your code will be of the highest quality.
- Accelerated time-to-Market
Another big benefit of offshore DevOps is the accelerated time-to-market. By using automation and continuous delivery, an offshore development team can help speed up the software development process. This means that you can get your product to market faster, which can give you a competitive advantage.
- The Stress on Culture
While offshore DevOps can offer many benefits, it can also put a strain on company culture. This is because offshore teams are often located in different time zones and may have different cultural values.
As a result, it is important to make sure that your company culture is communicated to the offshore development team. By doing this, you can help ensure that the team understands your expectations and works within your company culture..
- The Growth of Analytical Dashboards
As offshore DevOps teams have become more common, the need for analytical dashboards has grown. These dashboards help managers track the progress of their projects and identify any areas that need improvement. In addition, they can also help managers see how their team is performing relative to other teams.
- Handling out-of-Scope Requests
One of the challenges of offshore DevOps is handling out-of-scope requests. This is because offshore teams are often located in different time zones and may have different cultural values.
As a result, it is important to make sure that your company culture is communicated to the offshore development team. By doing this, you can help ensure that the team understands your expectations and works within your company culture.
- The Elimination of Hand-offs
One of the benefits of offshore DevOps is the elimination of hand-offs. This is because offshore teams are often located in different time zones and may have different cultural values. As a result, it is important to make sure that your company culture is communicated to the offshore team. By doing this, you can help ensure that the team understands your expectations and works within your company culture…
How to Manage an Offshore Development Team for your DevOps Projects
If you plan to use an offshore software development team for your DevOps projects, there are some management tips you should keep in mind:
- Make sure you communicate your company’s culture and values to the offshore development team. This will help them understand your expectations and work better within your company culture.
- Establish clear communication channels and procedures. This will help avoid misunderstandings since every party involved everyone is on the same page.
- Be patient when communicating, as there may be delays due to time zone differences. Try to be flexible with your communication schedule to accommodate for any time differences.
Overall, using an offshore software development team for DevOps projects is a viable option for many businesses. However, there are some things to keep in mind when doing so. By following the tips provided in this blog post, you can ensure that your offshore development team is set up for success. With proper planning and communication, you can run a successful DevOps project with an offshore development team.
- As a leading Vietnam software development outsourcing company, at Saigon Technology, we dedicate ourselves to your success by following our philosophy: Your success is our mission.
- Learn more: DevOps Services at Saigon Technology